Solving Behavior Problems Through Dog Obedience Training in Denver
Solving Dog Behavior Problems Positively
Our proven approach to dog training lends itself to solving dog behavior problems efficiently and humanely. We do not use highly aversive tools or techniques in our behavior modification process. At FetchMasters, we use positive reinforcement techniques and safe training strategies that are tried-and-tested to deliver reliable results for owners through our dog obedience training in Denver.
Dog behavior problems can be either simple dog behaviors that you do not like, or they can be difficult puzzles that require a deep understanding of dog behavior. Regardless, our dog trainers are ready to bring cutting edge, modern dog training knowledge to bear on your dog’s problems.
Common Dog Behaviors Problems
Some dog behavior problems are simply common dog behaviors that you do not care for. So fixing them is largely a matter or training your dog to perform an alternate behavior to acquire his needs and wants. Depending on your dog’s previous training accomplishments, we may advise either a small block of private training sessions or a full dog obedience course to solve these types of problems:
- Jumping on furniture
- Jumping on people to be greeted
- Urination or defecation in the home
- Nipping and mouthing
- Begging for food
- Stealing food from the counters
- Barking for Attention
- Chewing inappropriate items
- Digging holes in the yard
Complex Dog Behavior Problems
Other dog behavior problems require more caution and experience to solve safely and efficiently. They can stem from genetic pre-dispositions, poor socialization, emotional or physical traumas, medical conditions, etc. Therefore fixing them requires a more in-depth understand of dog behavior and potential causes of aberrant behavior.
We have a great deal of experience working with these types of problems using humane, dog-friendly methods. Dog behavior problems in this category often need to be solved in the dog’s home environment, so they typically require one of our in-home dog training programs. Whether your dog is struggling with common or complex behavioral issues, our approach to dog obedience training in Denver can work wonders for your furry friend.
Some examples of such problems are:
- Separation Anxiety
- Intra-Household Aggression (dog-on-dog aggression in the home)
- Coprophagia (eating stool)
- Fearfulness towards dogs, people, and other elements of the dog’s environment
- Predatory drives (such as cat-chasing/killing)
- Barrier frustration (such as leash-aggression, fence fighting, and becoming upset when in a car)
- Resource Guarding (becoming aggressive in defense of food, toys, etc …)
Dog Behavior Problems We Do NOT Work With
There are a few dog behavior problems that we do NOT work with. So, if you would like a referral for these issues, we would be happy to provide you with the contact information of an experienced, skilled trainer who can handle them in a professional, safe manner.
Some behavior problems we do not work with are:
- Dog on Dog Aggression Outside of the Home (this does NOT include Leash Aggression)
- Dog on Human Aggression (this does not include mild or moderate resource guarding against humans)
Ready to Learn More About Dog Obedience Training in Denver?
Just fill out our contact form, and we will help correct your dog’s issues through reliable dog obedience training in Denver.